Friday, April 3, 2009

a friend of mine (diane passey) wrote this and put it on her blog and i thought it was perfect for THIS blog! it's pretty funny! enjoy.

Ode to Fat Cells

Fat cells, you are not my friend,
You haunt me to the bitter end.
Someday I will make you see
that you should not be part of me.

Why do you fight to leave my tummy?
Staying there is just plain dummy.
I squish you into all my pants
and yet you stay and do a dance.

What do I have to say to you?
Your presence makes me oh so blue!
I drink water day and night.
No soda or sugary drinks I like.

I eat my fruits and whole grain wheat.
I like my carrots- apples are a treat!
Bananas, salad, berries rock!
Beans and peas I keep in stock.

Soy milk 'stead of juice from cow,
Give me Kashi cereals now!
Fish, chicken, low fat meat
are the staples that I eat.

Watching proteins, carbs, and dairy,
being balanced as a fairy.
Working out 5 days a week
for 90 minutes, can't be beat!

AND YET...

You stick to arms, thighs, hips, and chest.
On belly, buttocks, chin, you rest.
Thinking this is great vacation
Why can't you visit United Nations?

You must leave my body soon.
I will threaten night to noon!
You must not keep sneaking round.
Leave my torso pound by pound!

You think you win, but you will see -
the battle's just begun for me.
And with warning, I'll let you know-
you'd best pack up and get ready to GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Songs to Motivate


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones