Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time For A Change

Time for change......for me it's a change in weight, in endurance, in pride, in skill, in attitude. Basically I need an adjustment in priorities. Lately I've been lazy in the way I treat myself and self indulgent in the way I eat. It's time for focus, strength, and perseverance. It's time to start shredding and shedding.....thus, the new name of the blog. What do you need to change or improve? Do you want to shed those few extra pounds or shed the poor self image you have of yourself? Do you want to shred those muscles, shred that lettuce to eat, or even shred those photos you don't like of yourself. Now's the time to start. It's never too late to start and to try to be a better person. It's always time to change and to live strong. What does it mean to live strong? To me it encompasses every aspect of my life. For me to live strong I need to be a better mother, a better wife, a better daughter, a better sibling, a better woman, a better daughter and servant of God, a better friend, a better example, a better writer, a better eater, a better body......a better everything. I always liked the words of Gordon B. Hinkley when he said each day to try a little harder to be a little better. I know he was specifically speaking about spirituality but I don't think that is what he was limiting it to. I'm ready to live stronger and better. It won't happen overnight and I'm sure there will be many stumbling blocks, road blocks, and pot holes but that's what we are all here for; to provide a helping hand for those that need help. That is the whole idea of this blog. This is our support system. We can laugh together, cry together, encourage each other, give advice to each other, and simply just "be" together and all strive to live strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Songs to Motivate


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones